I know a lot of you are preparing for the many wonderful (and scary) Halloween festivities so I decided to use these plain skulls from Michaels and spice them up to add a fun touch to our decorated home! This will be a double-DIY tutorial because I wanted to demonstrate how easily these skulls can serve as very different looks. These skulls can serve as an addition to a centerpiece at both a chic, black + white Halloween event and a kid-friendly, spooky one!
DIY Metallic Chanel Skull
Total time required: 25 minutes
Cost to make: $10
Difficulty Level: Easy
List of materials (See picture): Skull (Michaels, $4), Spray paint-Metallic Silver (Walmart, $4), Black acrylic paint (Walmart, $2), thin paint brush, plate/palette for black paint
1. Shake spray paint can until evenly set. Spray thin layer of paint over section(1/3) of skull.
2. Let dry 5-10 minutes.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all sections (3) of skull are complete and dry.
4. Spray additional paint over skull as desired to make color darker/richer. Let dry 5-10 minutes.
5. Squeeze dime-size amount of black paint onto plate/palette.
6. Draw Chanel design (or anything desired) onto paper for practice.
7. Using a thin paint brush draw your design onto center of front skull.
8. Thicken design and perfect using black paint and thin paint brush.
9. Let dry 5-10 minutes.
Tips: Use spray paint outdoors or in craft area as to avoid staining items/floor. Preferably use a very thin paint brush since skull is small. You can buy all of the materials at any craft store and Walmart.
DIY Gold Glitter Skull
Total time required: 10 minutes
Cost to make: $19
Difficulty level: Easy
List of materials (See picture): Skull (Michaels, $4), Gold craft glitter (Joann Fabrics, $4), Gloss Mod Podge (Joann Fabrics, $6), Clear spray adhesive (Joann Fabrics, $5), medium paint brush
1. Using medium paint brush, apply Mod Podge to section(1/3) of skull.
2. Using hand sprinkle gold glitter to section previously covered in Mod Podge. Sprinkle glitter until section of skull is completely covered and layered. Do not touch or press down on glitter.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until skull is fully covered with gold glitter.
4. Spray clear adhesive (not too close) to glitter-covered skull. Do not touch or press down on glitter. Do not apply excessive spray adhesive.
5. Let skull dry completely before handling.
6. Shake out the excess glitter from inside of the skull (may have entered through the eyes or bottom).
Tips: Apply Mod Podge and glitter in sections (3) as to avoid getting fingers on wet glitter. Do not worry about applying Mod Podge and glitter over previously done sections if necessary to cover bald spots. When applying clear spray adhesive use very little and at a far distance. If you apply this adhesive too close or too generously it will appear hard and feel sticky. The cost to make this skull seems high, however, I use these materials for various different crafts and DIYs, these items are a staple in my blog and will be used often. You can buy all of the materials at any craft store and Walmart. This is a messy craft; beware of lingering gold glitter weeks later.
Welcome to Anna Elizabeth, my creative space for fashion, recipes, styling, tutorials, figuring out how to run a successful business... and all of the little moments in between!
I N S T A G R A M S
Now trending .
1 A Change of Pace
2 Rosemary Grapefruit Cocktails
3 Sunday at the Apple Orchard
4 Dark Romance
5 Lace-up Suede / Festival Style
6 Plaid and Chambray
7 Pecan Toffee Cookies
8 Leather and Satin
9 London Fog Tea Latte
10 Rosemary White Bread
UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE,
ALL IMAGES ARE MY ORIGINAL COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL SO PLEASE BE KIND AND DON'T USE MATERIAL WITHOUT CREDITING AND LINKING BACK TO ANNA ELIZABETH EVENTS. BUT FEEL TOTALLY FREE TO SHARE, TWEET + PIN AWAY!
CONVERSELY, IF I FEATURE AN IMAGE OF YOURS THAT YOU SEE MIS-CREDITED OR WOULD LIKE TAKEN DOWN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT RIGHT AWAY.
SPONSORED POSTS OR GIFTED ITEMS WILL ALWAYS BE NOTED AS SO.
ANNA ELIZABETH EVENTS CONTAINS PAID ADVERTISING BANNERS AND SOME POSTS CONTAIN CONTEXTUAL AFFILIATE LINKS. THIS MEANS THAT WE MAY RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE A PRODUCT I'VE LINKED TO.
ALL OPINIONS ARE 100% MY OWN, AND ALL PRODUCTS RECOMMENDED ARE THINGS I TRULY LIKE OR USE.